Saturday, June 2, 2007

Amanda Walker - June 2 in France

Today was FUN! It was our first extended 24-hour break from school! It was much needed, as we worked so hard this week. I woke up by 10h30, which is - I am sure - much earlier than many others. I did my morning routine very similar to that in the states, which was eating cereal and watching TV (F.R.I.E.N.D.S.). Diane, Margaux, and I looked at their family pictures and later ate lunch outside with her whole family. At 2h30 Margaux and I met Clara, Charlotte, Michelle, Blythe, Ines, and Aurelie to go shopping. We spent the next 3 hours on the streets of Tours - it reminded me a little of 5th avenue in New York (all of the people and all of the stores)! We stopped at a cafe to cool down and ordered drinks. Many of the boys met us soon after, as they were shopping too. After, Blythe, Aurelie, Michelle, and Ines came home with Margaux and I. We bought pizzas before returning home and when we did get home, we all went upstairs to my room and did each others makeup and listened to music. We played cards, talked, and had a good time, waiting for 8h30 to arrive. When it did, french students and their correspondants started to come, bringing sodas and desserts. From then until about 11 or 12 we all ate, played Kemps (a card game with partners who search for 4 of a kind and create a signal to show their partner they "have kemps"), played music, danced to music, and ate even more. Saturday was a very good day and was one of the most bonding days we've had yet.

No comments: